Happy World Vegan Day 🙂
To celebrate such an awesome day I thought I would share my favourite blueberry muffin recipe with you! Blueberry muffins were always a favourite of mine growing up and I was so happy when I created this vegan version 🙂
These muffins are perfect for lunch boxes and taste amazing! I like to whip a batch or two up on a Sunday to have on hand for snacking during the week. They really are the perfect healthy afternoon treat. Even the non-vegans will love them, so why not take a batch to work or school and show your friends just how amazing vegan food is!
So without further ado here is the recipe 🙂 I hope you enjoy and be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make them so I can see your creations @everyday.plantbased
Have an amazing world vegan day and I hope your day is filled with amazing plantbased vegan food! Much love xx
Blueberry Muffins (Vegan + Healthy)
Author: Everyday Plantbased
- 2/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 175°C. Line an 8-cup muffin pan with silicone liners or use a non-stick or silicone muffin pan.
- In a large measuring cup, vigorously mix together the plant-based milk, flaxseeds, and vinegar. Mix for about a minute, until it appears foamy. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, oats, baking powder, and baking soda. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk mixture. Add the banana, coconut sugar, and vanilla to the well and stir together. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until the dry ingredients are moistened (do not over mix). Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill each muffin cup evenly with the mix and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted through the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely, about 20 minutes, then carefully run a knife around the edges of each muffin to remove them from the pan.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days 🙂